Free condom schemes
The sexual health promotion team have been working on bringing together new and updating the existing free condom schemes; to help improve the sexual health and wellbeing for residents across Derbyshire and Derby City.
The new C-Wallets offer the chance for local organisations to provide their clients/ service-users with free condoms. With your support, our aim is to provide free condoms in accessible locations to help promote safer sex to our local communities.
We want to make it easier than ever for Derbyshire and Derby City residents to look after their sexual health; whether that is while they are attending a college or youth group, getting a haircut or going to the gym.
There are now several options for community organisations to provide free condom schemes. Here’s a quick summary of our offers to help you decide which one will best suit your organisation.
C-Scheme (replacing the C-Card) – for young people aged 13 – 24
- C-Scheme via community sites (the previous C-Card provision for 13 – 24 year olds): condoms via registration for 13 – 15 year olds with a trained member of staff. To deliver this, staff will need to access our C-Scheme community training and have a confidential space to work with young people. 16 – 24 year olds can self-register at a community site.
C-Wallets – for over 16 year olds
- C-Wallet (new for 16+): For over 16s there’s no requirement for registration. They can pick up a C-Wallet in participating places.
We also want to provide free condoms to adults, especially those who may be more vulnerable to poor sexual health. Each wallet contains x6 condoms and x2 packets of lube, plus local signposting information. You may wish to consider one or more of the following options, depending on your clients or service-users:
- Your Sexual Health Matters
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) communities
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Men who have sex with men (MSM)
Take a look at our short C-Wallet scheme video to find out more.
Vulnerable adult condom scheme - for over 25 year olds
The vulnerable adult free condom scheme for over 25 year olds is for local residents accessing specific community sites and that may be at higher risk of poor sexual health.
How can my service or organisation get involved?
Simply complete the quick online registration form, choose the option/s that will work best in your organisation and once your application has been approved, we’ll provide you with any relevant training, resource links and your welcome pack.
A welcome pack will contain everything you need to start you off; condoms and lube, plus promotional resources.
Once you are registered, an online hub will allow you to reorder stock and resources, as well as provide links to up to date news from sexual health services, training events and videos.